Durabrik produces attractive, affordable turn-key and custom housing projects. The company embodies sustainability. But how can they open the door towards zero energy living in order to meet 2020’s legislative requirements and beat the market?
How do you evolve as a company, towards a more sustainable life cycle impact? And how do you all employees on board towards this vision and this new direction?
- The foundation. We used a life cycle analysis of a typical Durabrik house, as a foundation to further build on.
- First floor. Having identified the most important parameters, we investigated various concepts, technologies and materials in order to establish a roadmap for Durabrik.
- Second floor. This resulted in several build to last scenarios that will help Durabrik to evolve towards a more sustainable life cycle impact.
- Through the roof. Presentations, quizzes and a workshop engaged the employees in the process and tapped into their insights and creativity.
- The cement. Holding it all together: the close co-operation with Durabrik’s sustainability team, and visionary support by Durabrik's directors.
Results and Resolutions
FP advised Durabrik on approach to become part of the clean tech revolution transforming the housing market as we know it. They will be ready for 2020 with a clear vision, a good sustainable business strategy and supported by motivated employees.
And what have we learned for your benefit? Developing strategies is exciting. Our first one tells the client how his current product could become more efficient. The second one shows him how he can change his product and make it really really interesting for the 2020 legislation, future markets and his own bottom line.
Country: Drongen, Belgium
Sector: Housing, building
Services: Carbon & environmental management; Sparring, coaching